The Moms Resource Program (MRP) assists the moms of HOPE Farm boys with spiritual and inspirational encouragement and provides structural tools to help them partner with HOPE Farm. The partnership promotes HOPE Farm’s philosophy, goals and objectives and maximum impact in the lives of the boys.
The MRP Program is applied in the following ways:
- Resources for Moms (including a six part video series on raising boys)
- Health and nutrition forums conducted by local health professionals
- Finance and money management seminars conducted by financial planners
- Regular review and update of program objectives and policies
- Q & A sessions that address concerns from the moms
- One-on-one parent/staff meetings to gain insights concerning the effect of the home environment and other family relationships on the boy’s behavior.
- Moms are required to complete weekly reports evaluating the boy’s attitude, responsibility for and completion of domestic tasks.
Volunteer opportunities in the following areas encourage the moms to invest in the program:
- Helpers at Spring Break Basketball C.L.I.N.I.C.
- Helpers at annual Fall Festival
- Homework, tutoring or kitchen helpers in after-school program