With the uncertainty surrounding us, it is critical that we find new ways to sustain our mission to ensure that HOPE Farm can continue preparing young men for success.
Did you know that 2/3 of students who cannot read proficiently by the end of 4th grade will end up in jail or on welfare? Did you know that 85% of all juveniles who interface with the juvenile court system are functionally illiterate?
The result of these statistics is devastating… at HOPE Farm we are focused on early reading literacy so we can continue to break the cycle of fatherlessness, poverty and prison that exists in so many lives. Consider the following:
- Juvenile incarceration reduces the probability of high school completion and increases the probability of incarceration later in life
- High school dropouts are 3.5 times more likely than high school graduates to be arrested in their lifetime.
- High school dropouts are 63% more likely to be incarcerated than their peers with four-year college degrees.
Literacy is learned. Illiteracy is passed down by parents who cannot read or write. At HOPE Farm, we focus on our FastForWord Literacy Program as a way to pave the way to BRIGHTER FUTURES. In the past year alone:
- 100% of Hope Farm boys increased in their reading and literacy levels from their initial reading pre-test (before work in the HOPE Farm FastForWord lab).
- 89% of Hope Farm boys increased reading levels by 1.8+ years or more in less than 1 school year.
- 38% of Hope Farm boys increased reading levels by 2.5+ years or more in less than 1 school year.
- 21% of Hope Farm boys increased reading levels by 3.5+ years or more within 1 school year or less.
Keepers of HOPE is our new recurring gift program that will help create the hope and the future for generations to come. By making a monthly gift and partnering with us, YOU are providing a predictable and stable base of support that will influence future leaders in our community. For more information, or to enroll, visit our website at
TOGETHER we can continue breaking the cycle. You can make a difference for as little as $5 a month.